It is summer and HOT so literally any type of iced tea will do.
I was reminded by a friend how easy it is to just make a pot of hot herbed hot tea and
then make it into iced tea!
For today I used Lemon Balm right from my garden!
Lemon Balm is a beautiful herb.
Medicinally it can promote relaxation and can help with digestive upset.
Flavour wise, it tastes mildly of citrus and very refreshing.
Lemon balm is also part of the Mint family.
Lemon Balm Iced Tea
3 or 4 stems of fresh lemon balm (approx 1 cup herb)
8 cups of water
honey or other sweetener of choice (to taste)
- put lemon balm into a large tea pot or bowl
- boil water and pour over lemon balm
- let sit approx 10 minutes
- strain and add to a large mason jar or pitcher
- add honey and mix then let cool to room temperature
- label and store in fridge
- use within a couple days
When you are ready for a refreshing drink, pour this tea over a glass of ice and enjoy!
From Sprout to Spirit